My First Video Game…
It wasn’t until around the age ten that I was first introduced to a video game. I spent my early childhood like anyone should; I played outdoors, built forts in the woods, climbed trees, and enjoyed putting sticks in the spokes of my friends’ bikes while they were riding them. I can’t stand the fact that children today start playing video games right after they learn to walk and have their own smart phone or tablet before they’re even responsible but that’s a whole other story.
I remember my dad coming home from work one day saying he had a surprise in the plastic bag he held. My brother and sisters and I gathered around as he pulled out a brand new Nintendo64! Following the console was Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I couldn’t have asked for a better game to start with and to this day it is still my favorite. I spent so much time on it trying to find every last heart piece and doing as many side quests as I could because I never wanted the game to end.
It’s impossible for me to have a favorite part because I think the game as a whole is completely genius! However, some of the things that really stood out for me are:
- The Soundtrack It it most definitely the best game soundtrack ever created. There are so many different pieces of music and none of them sound the same! The song that plays in the Hyrule market place (while your playing as young Link) is the one I like probably enjoyed listening to the most. I also love the Spirit Temple music and currently have the morning Hyrule field music as one of my ringtones.
- The Spirit Temple was my favorite temple because I love the look of it as well and obtaining awesome items such as the Mirror Shield and Bombchus. My favorite boss (besides the final battle with Ganondorf) also happens to be Twinrova.
- Fishing although it sometimes took forever to get a decent size fish it was well worth the wait.
- Epona she saves so much time and you’ll never feel like walking on foot again.
- The final battle Ganondorf’s second form is so cool and I love escaping the collapsing tower.
The other Zelda games I’ve played are: